Residential property is Australia’s largest asset class, worth more than four trillion dollars. Every year more than 400,000 houses and units change hands. At any one time there are more than 250,000 homes available for sale. RP Data captures virtually every sales transactions, every property listed for rent / sale and we value almost every residential property weekly via our automated valuation models. We own and maintain Australia’s largest property information databases, covering every state and territory across the country.
Much of RP Data’s data holdings can be easily incorporated into your own strategic business processes or appended to your proprietary databases.
Typical uses for RP Data’s Custom Data services include:
- Custom analytics and consultancy – RP Data’s team of data specialists and analysts can provide unique solutions for your business. From creating thematic maps based on property sales, to analysing property transactions across price points and attributes (such as land area or number of bedrooms). Our consultancy briefs range from simple analysis delivered as a spreadsheet to detailed projects with comprehensive reporting.
- Raw transaction data extracts – data delivery for specific or customised regions which can be filtered across any of the fields available.
- Match and append services – we match our data records with yours and append information that may be of a strategic nature to your business.
- Answer any of the following questions and more, for the benefit of you or your customers:
- What price have the properties within a specific region sold for over the last year?
- What were the details of property sales over $1 million?
- How often do owners look to sell?
- What is the total value of property transactions within a given market?
- What are the most up-to-date sales?
- Which properties are currently available for sale and what prices are they listed at?
- How much stock is there available in the market and what price is it listed at?
- How much movement has there been in prices within a specific region?
- By how much am I likely to have to drop the initial list price in order to sell?
- How quickly do properties sell depending on their attributes?
- What proportion of properties aren’t selling?
- What is the demand for housing across different lot sizes, number of bedrooms, price points, etc.?
- Have one of my clients listed their property for sale?
- Who is likely to be selling during the next year?
- When did certain properties sell?
- At what price did properties sell, and what proportion of the total price were the clients borrowing?
- What have other properties in the area sold for?
- Which properties are being advertised for sale, or have just sold, and what are their addresses or other attributes?
- How much are properties worth?
- Which properties are available for rent?
- What proportion of stock has transacted by the number of bedrooms and at what prices?
- Property address
- Sale price
- Contract date
- Settlement data
- Land area
- Lot/plan numbers
- Land use description
- Owner addresses
- Phone numbers
- Advertising details such as first advertised date, last advertised dates and advertised price
- Agent details for home sales and listings
- Primary attributes (bedrooms, bathrooms and car spaces)
- Secondary attributes (all other attributes such as whether a home has a swimming pool, fireplace, view, etc
- Owner names
- Residential real estate agents
- Government departments
- Mortgage brokers
- Financial planners
- Banking and finance professionals
- Insurance professionals
- Home service providers
RP Data’s most commonly used database fields include:
Who uses RP Data’s custom data and consulting services?
RP Data’s custom data and consultancy services are available to anyone who deals with property transactions. RP Data houses Australia’s largest property information databases, and by utilising this impressive resource you can obtain a competitive advantage. Please note that restrictions generally apply to prohibit direct marketing from ownership details collected via the Valuer General and usage policies vary from state to state.
Custom data and consultancy services can be provided in hard and/or soft copy formats, depending upon your requirements.
To find out how the RP Data research and analytics team can help you and your business, phone 1300 734 318 or enquire here.